Sunday, May 6, 2007

Feeling Very Self-Important


Well, 9 months ago I was sort of anti-blog on the principle that it seems somewhat arrogant to assume that anyone would ever want to go out of their way just to come and read about what I'm thinking. I know that I have very interesting thoughts and my Mom says that I'm totally fascinating but still there was something strange about the presumption that there are other interested parties.
However, at the end of last (Northern-Hemisphere) summer my partner (Carrie) and I took off on a nine month trip to New Zealand. We wanted to be able to keep in touch with our friends and family back home and a blog seemed like the best way. Mostly the concept of a blog appealed to me because the alternative was going to be a series of mass emails to everyone we knew. I hate those emails because I'm usually not interested but I feel guilty for a second when I just delete them. So the blog seemed much more user active. If people wanted to they could come check it but if they didn't then no one would ever know. If you are one of those people who are interested you can check it out here. It is worth it if only for the many many pictures we posted.
What I wasn't really counting on happening as a result of the blog was the usefulness as a mode of communication with people we met along the way. On our trip we met many wonderful people and some of them have been keeping in touch through the blog. Now that we are arriving at the end of our trip I am posed with a problem. I certainly want to keep in touch with my kiwi friends but the "New Zealand trip" blog no longer makes sense. So here I am with an internal conflict. On the one hand I have the inherent reluctance to have my own (non-themed, not traveling) blog and on the other hand my desire to keep my friends up to date.
This blog is the result.
I don't know how often I will be posting here so it is definitely a good idea to just RSS this blog so you don't have to come back and check all the time.

3 comments:

AdamB said...

Every post you write helps me in the battle against productive work.

AdamB said...

I almost forgot-- nice 'stashe! Nature's creepiest facial hair.

Seth said...

Hell yeah Brotha Bee! That stache is bangin! It's the slam dude!