Sunday, November 4, 2007

Complete


Several weeks ago I realized that if I had all of the music that The Beatles ever created I would be happier. With this in mind I ventured to the wikipedia page on The Beatles and started reading. I learned all sorts of things not the least of which was that there are a lot of people out there who know a lot of stuff about The Beatles. It's a long page. Worth reading, but long. I also learned that trying to have "all of The Beatles' music" is much harder than it would seem. First off, they made a whole ton of music (one metric shit-load). Secondly they released it all in a very non-standardized way. The UK albums are different than the US releases (including their titles). They have the same song on more than one album. They recorded tons of covers. They made movies with multiple soundtracks. It's all a big kerfuffle.
Luckily I was not the first person to realize what a mess this all is. In the 80's Apple Corps (not Apple Comps.) decided to declare an official catalogue. So, I decided that a good place to get started collecting everything would be with the studio albums. Depending on where you look there are either 12 or 13 official studio albums. I'm not sure why but some places don't count "Magical Mystery Tour" as an official studio album. I decided to count it anyway because, why not?
What this all boils down to is that I now have them all and I am indeed happier.

Matt

1 comment:

Brian Patrick said...

It's good to have goals.