Saturday, January 26, 2008

What Do These Things Have In Common?

Before I say anything I just want to make sure that all of you saw the post preceding this one. It is certainly worth the scroll down. I'll wait...


Ok. I was applying to health insurance today (finally) and during the application there was a question that asked if I worked in any of the following fields. I found this list of careers so wonderfully diverse that I thought I should share. So be forewarned, insurance may cost more if you are a:

Bartender
Crop Duster
Hazardous Materials Worker
Inter-State Trucker
Miner
Model
Motor Vehicle Racer
Musician
Off-Shore Driller
Police Officer
Fire Fighter
Professional Athlete
or a Roofer.

This is their list of hazardous careers. Some of them make sense but there are some real surprises there. 

Matt

1 comment:

AdamB said...

I can't say I would have guessed that any of those are particularly dangerous, but they all make sense.

I guess the bartenders, models, and musicians of the world just take a lot of risks and live pretty hard in general? Substance use and abuse?